Diversions, vol. 72
When I started putting together diversions, I had a desk job with lots of hours where I needed to look busy even if I wasn’t. These days, I worry that we’re all a little too distracted all the time. When I ride the train, everyone stares at their phones. When I walk my dog, people have literally walked into me because they’re looking at their phone. Last week, I asked a man to put his phone away in a movie theatre.
I like my phone and it’s amazing to have a world of information in my hand but I’ve been trying to remind myself to use it purposefully and not mindlessly. Anyway recently I’ve been:
- Recommending this wonderful Terry Crews interview to everyone! It is fascinating and so motivating.
- Scheming to get to Antartica somehow in the next few years.
- Reflecting on starting a business.
- Updating my portfolio with images from Hawaii, Mexico & Austin.
- Trying to eat healthy but dreaming of hotteok and butterscotch pudding.
- Reframing how I think of my phone and social media.
- Sharing a few images I took in Austin, which was fun but also allergy inducing.
The weekly diversion is my way of sharing links of interesting things that I’ve come across online recently. To see past diversions or subscribe visit https://tinyletter.com/AdventuresOnceHad.
- Sandy Noto