Diversions, vol. 76
A while ago, I found this perfect, pink bench in front of a large window at The Art Institute after a long afternoon of exploring. About 5 minutes after I settled in for a rest, a guard meandered towards me to kindly inform that I was actually sitting on a piece of art! I was horrified. She was mostly amused and said that the room had been causing a lot of confusion and that a week before a toddler had been running back and forth through the middle of the piece. I wish more museums had experiential exhibits but in the meantime I’ve been loving all of the odd and wonderful shows and instagram catnip experiential things coming to Chicago like Happy Place, 29rooms and wndr museum. Anyway, recently I’ve been:
- Raving about Less! It’s such a lovely book. I read it every evening in Montreal and absolutely loved it.
- Sharing 101 food photography tips and reflecting on my first year of blogging about photography.
- Stocking up on micron pens, which are apparently for drawing comics but I use them for everything.
- Chuckling at the bizarre story of the Soho grifter. Apparently it was grifter season so what can you do.
- Realizing that a far better alternative to moving to Canada in a Trump inspired fit is to move to Maine and call Senator Collins everyday. Plus you could buy this gorgeous home or this sweet cottage or this giant place.
Diversions is my way of sharing links of interesting things that I’ve come across recently. To see past diversions or subscribe visit https://tinyletter.com/AdventuresOnceHad.
- Sandy Noto