Diversions, vol. 75
Since returning from Japan and reading Murakami’s book on running, I’ve run 50 miles. At best, I am a mediocre runner so it’s satisfying to see my slow plodding add up. I can be obsessively goal oriented at times and it’s nice to just do something without any sort of end goal in mind. I’ve got no marathon plans in mind. Last year, I put together a list of fun things that I wanted to do before my 30th birthday. This year, I’ve packed away my daily planner, took down my goal chart and am giving myself a few weeks to ease off. I’m enjoying each moment and mile as it happens.
Anyway, I’ve been:
- Sharing some photos from Tokyo and Osaka.
- Getting very excited about the idea of success through collaboration and creativity instead of competition.
- Daydreaming about living in Japan, particularly in this home or this home!
- Running and feeling really hot all the time!
- Really into the idea of living in a shipping container.
- Thinking about consumption spirals and how to avoid them with my photography gear.
Diversions is my way of sharing links of interesting things that I’ve come across recently. To see past diversions or subscribe visit https://tinyletter.com/AdventuresOnceHad.
- Sandy Noto