Diversions, vol. 73
For years, I’ve struggled to meditate. Whenever I’d sit down, my mind would start doing cartwheels. By the end of 5 minutes, I always felt like I was trying to babysit a toddler that had just eaten a giant bag of M&Ms. There were no magical moments of calm of clarity for me. In my last diversions list, I recommended the Terry Crews interview with Tim Ferris. It was such a joy that I started to read the book he mentions throughout the interview, The Master Key System. It's very woo-woo but also the first thing that has helped me approach meditation in a way that actually works for me. I’d highly recommend giving it a read and trying out the weekly exercises.
Aside from feeling a little more zen, I’ve been:
- Speed editing photos from Cabo before heading to Japan on Wednesday.
- Getting all of my photos organized and backed up on La Cie external hard drives after a scare with a different external. La Cie’s have been the best and most reliable hard drives in my experience.
- Bookmarking this gorgeous run down of things to do in Portugal for my fall trip planning.
- Also planning on all the places Eli and I are going to eat at in Tokyo and getting especially excited for tonkatsu and this bakery that Eli has been talking about since his last trip to Japan.
- Trying to find an excuse to visit Copenhagen in order to stay in this gorgeous AirBnb.
The weekly diversion is my way of sharing links of interesting things that I’ve come across online recently. To see past diversions or subscribe visit https://tinyletter.com/AdventuresOnceHad.
- Sandy Noto