Diversions, vol. 65
As the weather cools, my commitment to eating healthy and staying fit is being seriously tested. Cheesy, comfort foods suddenly look a lot more tantalizing, especially when I’m editing photos at 10pm while hungry. One of the things I’ve used for staying motivated is a Instagram collection of workout videos. Whenever I’m feeling like I could stay cozied up on the couch forever I watch a few videos by Carmel Rodriguez, Kayla Itsines or Massy Arias. Sometimes that works and sometimes I end up eating chocolate lava cake with whip cream at 10:30pm. Anyway this week I’ve been:
- Reading Pete Souza’s fascinating AMA on reddit and adding Paul Nicklen to my list of photographers to follow.
- Appreciating the Sweat app. I’ve been using it for 14 weeks and it’s really helped me stick with a workout schedule.
- Reading A Most American Terrorist: The Making of Dylann Roof by Rachel Kaadzi Ghansah after listening to her interview of the Longform podcast.
- Sharing my favorite apps for photography and video editing.
- Fascinated by this National Geographic feature on the moves toward sustainable agriculture in the Netherlands.
- Astounded by the vastness and intensity of Hurricane Irma.
The weekly diversion is my way of sharing links of interesting things that I’ve come across online throughout the week. To see past diversions or subscribe visit https://tinyletter.com/AdventuresOnceHad.
- Sandy Noto