Diversions, vol. 66
Eli and I ate all of the carbohydrates in the Bay Area last week. We went to both The Mill and Tartine Manufactory and feasted on an unreasonable amount of bread. I also photographed 2 spots for The Infatuation San Francisco and waddled up those San Francisco hills by the end of the day. We also caught up with friends and spent time with family. Aside from trying to get back into the swing of things now that I’m home, I’ve been:
- Officially calling Liholiho Yacht Club my favorite dinner spot in 2017 even with 3 more months in the year to go.
- Bookmarking this Golden Milk recipe for when it’s not 92 degrees in Chicago. It sounds like the perfect night time drink.
- Loving this article on whether artists are obligated to be political and trying to think about how my work might fit into all of these ideas.
- Also, trying to use my art to support the institutions I believe in by doing a print sale where all the proceeds go to the Chicago Public Library Foundation.
- Applauding Jimmy Kimmel for getting political.
- Reading Hillary Clinton’s excellent new book, What Happened, and bookmarking this article as a response for the sexist take that no one’s interested in Hillary Clinton’s perspective.
- Feeling bizarrely inspired by these photos of neat refrigerators. One day.
The weekly diversion is my way of sharing links of interesting things that I’ve come across online throughout the week. To see past diversions or subscribe visit https://tinyletter.com/AdventuresOnceHad.
- Sandy Noto