Diversions, vol. 63
After my success with becoming more assertive last year, I decided to set some goals for myself again at the start of 2017. One goal was to get healthier and the other was to become more independent professionally. Last year my cholesterol finally caught up with me so I’ve been working out more regularly and eating balanced meals. I can finally do more than 5 burpees in a row. As for becoming independent, at the start of this summer I decided to officially go off on my own and incorporate, so Sandy Noto Photography is officially a legit entity. It’s been fun and stressful and extremely educational. Everyday, I face my limitations and try to push past them a tiny bit, sometimes it works and sometimes I fall on my butt and have to dust myself off.
I’ve had a bit less time than usual for diversions so it has taken me a while to build up a list. Recently, I’ve been:
- Keeping track of my goal progress with the BestSelf journal. It’s really helped me take a more strategic look at my goals and how to break them down. (here’s a link with a discount)
- Totally swooning over this retreat in Melbourne.
- Feeling extraordinarily inspired by this interview with photographer Jodi Cobb. I keep coming back to it and it’s so good each time.
- Promising myself that I’ll make this recipe, which has the most fantastic name and description.
- Running around town and photographing restaurants all over the place: Pizzeria Bebu, Little Bad Wolf, Centennial, Entente, Ronero…and I’ll stop now.
- Thinking a lot about this very honest piece by the former fashion director at British Vogue about work, creating and identifying with what you’re doing.
- Been loving this self portrait series by Jamie Beck.
The weekly diversion is my way of sharing links of interesting things that I’ve come across online throughout the week. To get it via email subscribe at: https://tinyletter.com/AdventuresOnceHad.
- Sandy Noto