Diversions, vol. 69
Last week, I went to a event for women entrepreneurs in creative businesses. After years of tagging along with Eli to tech startup events, I’ve come to expect most entrepreneurs to be full of bluster and self aggrandizing. It was surprising to me that women entrepreneurs also exaggerate but mostly to make themselves sound less impressive. For example at the start of the evening one woman breezily talked about just jumping right in without much of a path and finding her way as she went. Later that evening when someone asked how she made a strategic decision, she fessed up that in reality she had initially spent a month working on a business plan with revenue forecasts.
Anyway, this week I’ve been:
- Recommending this interview with Kara Swisher because it’s refreshing to hear a woman be unapologetic for her success and path.
- Starting to reflect on my own work and putting together my favorite portraits from the year.
- Excited to see some of my portrait work out in the world.
- Fascinated by this article about the art world and the craziness of investing in art.
- Stunned and amazed by all the winners of the Siena International Photo Awards.
- Bookmarking this list of incredible rentals in Iceland.
Diversions is my way of sharing links of interesting things that I’ve come across online throughout the week. To see past diversions or subscribe visit https://tinyletter.com/AdventuresOnceHad.
- Sandy Noto