Diversions, vol. 68
Eli and I got back from Mexico recently. We stayed in a somewhat small city in the middle of the Yucatán, called Mérida. It was lovely. I stayed away from Twitter and the news and felt whole and good. Right before we left, the #metoo movement was picking up steam but I was taking the Uma Thurman approach towards it all. Anyway, this week I’ve been:
- Putting together a series of colorful facades that I photographed while in Mérida. Also, I’m selling a few images I took while photographing the series as prints to benefit Direct Relief.
- Daydreaming about visiting this winery, one of many reasons Portugal is on my travel list!
- Nodding along to women that have decided come forward about their experiences of sexual harassment and misogyny, particularly Amanda Cohen, Lizzy O’Leary and Lupita Nyong’o.
- Wanting to squish and touch all of the art by Dan Lam.
- Feeling inspired by these talks by Maysoon Zayid (via Jake) and Reese Witherspoon.
The weekly diversion is my way of sharing links of interesting things that I’ve come across online throughout the week. To see past diversions or subscribe visit https://tinyletter.com/AdventuresOnceHad.
- Sandy Noto