Diversions, vol. 67
Do you have a frequent sense of cognitive dissonance these days? Day to day life is pretty pleasant. Eli and I are celebrating our 4 year wedding anniversary. I’ve been working on a lot of fun projects. In terms of regular life, things are pretty good. Inevitably though, at some point each day, I catch a glance of the news. It’s never good. It feels like being on a really bad rollercoaster. Anyway, this week I’ve been:
- Listening to The Daily for my news and even though it's from a few days ago I hope you take a moment to listen to the episode from Oct. 4th, which talks about tactics of the NRA.
- Trying to spend more time on the things that push me and fulfill me, like doting on all my fuzzy ladies.
- Nodding along enthusiastically to all of the points in this post on sustainable fashion choices and discovering a few new brands.
- Realizing that the internet is REALLY picky about how I use utensils. Sometimes all you’ve got is a butter knife ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
- Appreciating everyone that tried to grapple with reality this week and I’m starting to think that Jimmy Kimmel might be the modern voice of reason.
The weekly diversion is my way of sharing links of interesting things that I’ve come across online throughout the week. To see past diversions or subscribe visit https://tinyletter.com/AdventuresOnceHad.
- Sandy Noto